Sunday, November 2, 2008

Technobabble, without the cool beats

Well, I'm just a little frustrated. 

I produce a podcast. (You see it there, just to your right, in the column on the side of the page? Check it out!) I didn't realize how much would go into it, so I feel terminally behind in getting episodes online. It's not that it's a huge deal, it's just that I like to do things well and there are some things I'd like to do that I'm running into speed bumps trying to do. For instance, GarageBand won't let me export a podcast with artwork as an MP3 file, only as an AAC file. Why, I don't know. However, I can't upload an AAC file to our hosting service, Podbean. 

Now, I'd like to do all kinds of cool things to enhance the podcast, such as having artwork or certain images or Scriptures appear on an iPod's screen at certain times. However, it wouldn't do me much good to attach those images if I couldn't upload the file to the interweb. 

It's not that I think these things are hard, it's just that I don't have any training for them, so I have to teach myself. I know how to do these things in theory, just not in practice. Anyone who'd like to help would be much appreciated!

3 comments:

George Houston said...

have you tried emailing other people who put out podcast?

I'm sure there is some geek at a church somewhere that would help you out through email. (Adam)

I know of one guy who does a running podcaste who helps people with questions on one of the running meassage boards that I go to.

Maybe you could find a podcast meassage board?

Good Luck.

Jay said...

OH Scott, my friend. How misinformed you are when it comes to pirates and ninjas.

Something to ponder: Don't pirates have to possess some ninja qualities to be successful in their pirating?

Jay said...

UP date