Friday, December 26, 2008

What did YOU get for Christmas?!





Well, I haven't posted on here in a long while. It's not because I haven't wanted to, it's simply because there hasn't been much to say. I spent almost all of late November and December sick and working almost non-stop. 

Sick, because this is the time of year when we get busy and I don't get the rest I need; my immune system isn't the best in the world (a lymph node infection and then a serious bout with pneumonia will do that to you) and that combined with all the viruses going around and sinus junk and lack of rest can make for a miserable month.

I already knew that I would be working a little more than normal this month, but I decided to work even more so that I could take a couple extra days off around Christmas without using vacation time. Good plan, but it's made for a long month.

So there I am, the Saturday before Christmas, finishing my shopping. I had already helped my dad clean out his shop that morning and moved a brand-new washing machine into the house. I was as sick as I had been all month, but I knew this was the best chance for me to get done with my shopping. I'm a notorious late shopper usually anyway, but I at least knew what I was looking for. Whether I'd find it or not was a different story.

What I was looking for was a gold heart necklace with a garnet in the middle. The garnet was for two reasons: it is Kellie's birthstone and it would be our new baby's birthstone. However, try as I might, I could not find one anywhere. So Dude and I are wandering through the mall Saturday night when I decided to go to Zales. I still can't find the necklace I'm looking for, but I found a very pretty white gold and diamond one.

While at the mall, I also decided to buy an ornament. I kept wanting to buy a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament, but kept stopping because the baby wouldn't be born until after Christmas! So I settled on a Winnie the Pooh storytelling one. I then quickly finished up my shopping and went home. I was so tired I was asleep by 7:30! I woke up for a while in the middle of the night, but still, I was asleep very early.

The reason for all of this became apparent the next day, 12/21/08. Kellie had been mentioning that she was having unusually strong Braxton-Hicks contractions, and I was beginning to suspect that they might actually be real ones. However, we got up and went to church like normal. I even asked Dude in the middle of service to keep an eye on Kellie because she was still having them and I had to sing on the worship team. We even went out to lunch, just like normal.

Well, needless to say, the contractions were real, and when I finally smelled the coffee and understood that we were having a baby, I was very surprised. Kellie was not due until January 7th, so this was three weeks early. However, everything went very well and Daniel Stephen Sapp made his debut at 6:28 pm!

It has been a crazy week since then. I have tried three times to put this blog post up. I have been trying to attach more pictures to it, but to no avail. Not only am I having trouble putting the pictures in the specific places in the blog that I want them to be, but now I can't even get the pictures to upload at all. 

We are trying to get into something like a routine with sleep and all, but I pity Kellie when I have to go back to work. It's going to be quite a task to keep track of an almost 4 year old with a newborn! But I'm committed to doing whatever I can to help.

So I got probably the best Christmas present I can think of! And I got to back to the store and buy that "Baby's First Christmas" ornament that I had been looking at just a couple of days before. And Kellie's necklace was perfect! As is Daniel Stephen! Praise the Lord!


No comments: