Saturday, March 28, 2009

Doors

Well, I received an answer. And the answer was no. That was ok, but I had to take a couple days to get over the disappointment. I was pretty hopeful that I would be able to get out of a job that is not very stimulating anymore and doesn't look like it's ever going to pay better, but that wasn't up to me. 

One of the funny things about this job hunting process has been that now two different places have told me that they like me, but apparently can't afford me. It's not like I can just up and move for any amount of money - I do have a family that I have to support. I guess I should stop complaining; it's just frustrating, especially when it felt like if the last opportunity had simply told me what they were offering early on I could have not wasted a month waiting.

Anyway, so I am staying at Zaxby's for the foreseeable. There is another dream that I'd like to chase, but it's a much more difficult one. Most people are going to laugh when I tell them what it is. I don't think that anyone doubts that I can do the job, they just doubt whether I could get to the job. But it would be something I well and truly love. 

There's only one problem: it looks like someone that I probably could not compete with will also be in the running. This is where I usually get pretty depressed, because we've all heard the saying "When God closes a door He opens a window." Well this time it feels as if the window is being shut as the door is. Once again, that would be frustrating, but if God doesn't want that dream for me then so be it. 

I just want to be able to chase my dreams and not keep thinking that I waited too long to do so. 

No comments: