Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Home, Sweet Home




Well, we're finally taking the plunge.

We're buying a house!

My wife has been asking me about buying for more than a year. I didn't think we could afford it until she proved me wrong. Guess I should have listened!

Anyway, we have been looking for a couple months now, but we kept coming back to one that we really liked. To be honest, we kept coming back to two th
at we really liked. I liked one better and Kellie liked one better.

The funny thing is, I've always gotten "feelings" about houses. Whenever I walk into a house I can tell if I'll live there. I don't know how, I try not to listen to it, I try to be fair about other places, but somehow I know. I just feel at home and can immediately see us and our stuff there.

Well, the house I liked better was the one I was more comfortable in. So I really thought about it before talking to Kellie about it, because I wanted to listen to her opini
on and not just make a HUGE decision based on my feelings alone. But this house would also end up being cheaper, as well.

Long story short, when I finally decided to share my thoughts with her, she was fine with it. So we put in an offer the next day and it was accept
ed the day after that! We put in what we considered to be a fair offer but expected it to at least be countered. I really think that God is helping us in this effort. Anyway, I'll share a few photos and leave it at that! We're super excited about moving into a house of our own in a gorgeous part of town. May God bless us and our house, that all may be used for His glory and renown. Amen.


4 comments:

George Houston said...

I am SO happy for you guys!! Let me know if you need anything, I'll be MORE than happy to help! LOVE y'all!

George Houston said...

umm, although I am sure that George Loves y'all... he would not say it quite like that. I hope you know that was me (Jay)! :)

George Houston said...

Will the real Tri Runner please stand up?

Congrats again! I'm happy for you guys!

Jenn said...

I LOVE your new house! It is just perfect for you guys. Congratulations!