Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Lord has been mindful of me...

...He blesses and blesses again. Just thought I would offer up some praise. I have spent plenty of my blog time complaining and it's time to flip the coin. I received 2 inspections at my store in the last week, my corporate inspection and my health inspection. Both caught me completely by surprise. The corporate inspection is to tell how good we are at being a Zaxby's. They score us on our food, ticket times, how clean we are, and how safe we are. We were short on employees that day and were even training a brand new one. The inspector still told me that he had to dig to find things so he wouldn't have to give us a 100! Our score ended up being a 98, which is the highest score the owner can even remember! Then we got our health inspection (again, completely by surprise), and scored a 97! The only things we were counted off for had absolutely nothing to do with food. I have been so happy and proud that I could burst. And then it struck me. I have worked very hard to make our resaurant safe, clean, and enjoyable. To some extent, I have succeeded, but it is not due to my own efforts. The Lord has looked down upon His servant with kindness in His heart. He has blessed the work of my hands, that I may prosper. I can work as hard as I want or am able, but if God is not willing that it should prosper or that I should succeed, I am striving against the wind. It is very humbling to see the ways that God has provided for me and my family. I just wanted to share with everyone where my joy comes from!

No comments: