Saturday, March 4, 2006

activity

Me being the completely random individual that I am, I find this quite funny. The fact that I am completely sore. I am getting old fast. Matt, Greg, and I went to hit some golf balls yesterday. Not "play golf," because I could quite possibly shoot 300. Greg's pretty good, so I wanted some pointers. Boy, that is a game that is impossible to do well in and look cool. You've got to stick your butt out way to far to look cool. I don't know how Tiger Woods does it. Anyway, I had a blast before I went to work and had literally the worst shift I have had in 6 months at least. It was rough, folks. But I'm sorta all right with that. I know why it was rough, and I knew it would end eventually, so we just kept plugging away. And it wasn't the worst I've ever had, so that was good. But today I'm sore as anything. My whole left side is killing me. And I wonder what happened. When I took Tae Kwon Do, I was doing it 4-6 times a week. I was in great shape. How can I be skinny AND out of shape? I thought that wasn't allowed! I've got to start doing something, but I don't know what. I hate running up and down roads. It just bores me. I don't mind doing crunches and push-ups, but I don't like only being able to do a few to start off with. And when I do those exercises that remind me of martial arts, I want to start doing martial arts again. I have no outlet for that desire. If you didn't know, I am a passionate martial artist. It's probably one of the few things in my life I have ever been actually very good at. I was once the national champion red belt for my age group in both forms and sparring. By the way, I'm not naturally athletic, so it took a LOT of work to become good. I'm not trying to brag (I really hope I'm not), I just enjoy that so much. I felt like I could express myself really well that way. So anyway, I don't have an outlet for that desire now. I don't really have the time to join a class, because of my crazy work schedule. My friends that I like to work out with have different schedules than me. And I don't want to go do it in my backyard because I don't like to practice in front of people who will either think I'm showing off or think that I'm stupid (and probably both). I live in a quadraplex, so we share our backyard with other people, and we live on the top floor so I can't jump around and stuff. I really think that once I start doing some physical activity that I will start sleeping better, as well. The verse that keeps popping up in my head is "Bodily exercise profits little." But all I can think of is that maybe it would help me clear my head some and help me start building new, better habits, like regular Bible study and prayer. I've got to start somewhere, so I guess I'm reaching out for anything. I'd like to join this gym right down the street from work, but I don't have the money right now. Besides, I'd like to give Kellie the chance to first, if she'd like to. Do you see what I meant in my last blog? I can't write when I'm okay; it screws me up. All of this just came out in a random jumble; maybe emotion helps me focus.

No comments: